Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Randomness from the refrigerator

I made a tasty dinner last night with what was left over in the fridge. I thought I would share my somewhat weird recipe with you!

I had some nice fresh snapper, which I lightly coated with crushed macadamia nuts and some coconut flakes and sauteed in a tablespoon of coconut oil. I was craving some tropical deliciousness.

I wanted to make some kind of pesto or sauce for a kick of flavor, but I didn't really have anything in my kitchen except cilantro. So I blended that up with a garlic clove, lemon juice and a dash of olive oil. I tasted it and it seemed...boring. So I looked in the fridge again and saw Sriracha sauce. I figured what the heck and added it to the cilantro mixture. Damn it was tasty! Weird, but tasty.

I served it up on a bed of lettuce with a little lemon juice squeezed over the top. The fish was delicate with a bit of crunch and tropical flavor. The sauce was tangy and spicy.

Tasty and so filling!

I have to brag and say that I fixed my camera myself. YES! I am an electronics genius! I took the whole thing apart with all the tiny screws and then put it back together. But that is not what fixed it. I fixed it by banging it on the table. And that's the truth. haha!!

I hope you all have an amazing day!

2 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like one "yummy" meal ;-)
    What type of Sriracha do you buy?
    I have a hard time fidning one with out questionable ingredients.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marc!

    Ya, sriracha has sugar and some other nasty stuff in it. I don't really eat it that often, but it was lurking in my refrigerator so I used it.

    I find that the prepared asian chili sauces usually have soybean oil or sugar or other gross things. It is annoying. Sometimes I make my own hot sauces. It's pretty easy and fun! I really love spicy foods so I need my chiles!! :)

    ReplyDelete