Thursday, June 18, 2009

White sea bass with basil pesto


A friend of mine is a fisherman and is kind enough to occasionally give me delicious fresh fish that he catches off the coast of California. This week I was lucky to receive some white sea bass fillets. YUM!

I sauteed the fillets in a pan with olive oil. Meanwhile I made some pesto with basil, lemon juice, olive oil, a few random nuts and a clove of garlic in my mini blender thingie. And in the oven, I broiled sliced up zucchini.

When the fish and veggies were done I topped them with pesto and served it all up on a bed of lettuce and sliced tomato. Sorry I am so boring - I just keep eating white fish!! But it is a great summer meal.

Squeeze a bit of lemon on top and a scattering of chili flakes and dinner is served! Wowee. It tasted great after a day of fasting and a good workout.

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome.

    amazing when you get fresh fish...it just doesn't compare to what you get at the store...even when it is fresh there.
    I fish off the beach here in the summer time and I love catching and eating an hour later.
    Have a great week.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marc! Fishing off the beach sounds great! I did it a few times but didn't catch anything.

    I keep this fisherman friend very close :) and ply them with lots of gifts! The fish is amazing, and it would be crazy $$$ in the store!

    ReplyDelete