Monday, September 28, 2009

Red curry chicken

Hey kids! Happy Monday!!! I'm fasting today for Yom Kippur and sitting in temple, but I thought I'd share a simple simple meal idea with you. I think I even posted about it before.

I don't know if any of you reading (if anyone actually is reading...) is a flavor fiend like me? I love spices and flavor in my food. I am typically not a big fan of the bland and boring. But I also like easy, simple and quick meals.

I have found that curry paste is a great way to quickly add flavor to my meals. It keeps so well in the fridge, tastes great, and has no weird ingredients. In fact, all the spices have antibiotic qualities and make you feel like a million bucks!

So I mix up a TON of red curry paste with some coconut milk. I have said it before....Mae Ploy is my new favorite brand. If you can't find it, use whatever, or email me and I will buy some and send it to you! I slather this mix all over some cut up chicken breast and let it sit in the fridge for a while. Then I stick it on skewers and throw it under the broiler or on the grill. This time, I stabbed kaffir lime leaves in between the chicken pieces which added a lovely aroma.

Eat it up with some cilantro and lime on top and your favorite veggies. Makes great leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm reading!!! I like flavor too and I used to think you just got it by adding salt. I'm trying to use more spices now instead. I used the broiler for the first time last night. I roasted peppers but I want to try cooking meat next time. Have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie! OOH you used the broiler for the first time? Exciting! How did it go? Any mishaps? I hope not!

    My broiler kinda is sucky, it's the old kind under the oven. It doesn't seem very safe but oh well. I still use it!

    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete