Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chicken and kale

Another simple, yet tasty meal with random things from the refrig. In one pan! I haven't been planning my shopping too well, obviously!!!

In the freezer I had leftover shredded chicken from making my last batch of chicken broth. I heated that up and sauteed with some dino kale, onion, garlic and false chanterelle mushrooms. Red pepper flakes and a squeeze of lemon on top. OOH yummy! (that's a small plate btw)
I couldn't resist finishing off that bottle of St Bernardus. Dang, that stuff is so good! Smells like honey! Tastes sweet and rich. I am going to have THE BEST TIME in Belgium I tell you. !WOO!

OK my friends, enough out of me. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I hear Belgium is outstanding. I've always wanted to pack one backpack and tour around Europe for a month or so. So much to see and learn. Not to mention the variety of food and beer to try.

    Most of my family is from a little down in Switzerland called Muotathal. I would love to visit one day.

    Enjoy!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan! Well, come along with us! haha! I cannot tell you how excited I am for this trip! But I have to stop sampling the belgian beers now and wait until I get there to do so. Otherwise I'm afraid I won't fit my butt in the airplane seat.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete