Friday, June 5, 2009

Breakfast

My weekday breakfasts are almost the same every day. I scramble one egg and throw in various ingredients I have on hand. This week it was mainly spinach, cilantro, avocado, and a bit of cotija cheese. Lately I'm really into the green version of Tabasco - it's so sour! With my little egg dish I'll have a cup of coffee or tea, and it's enough to keep me satisfied, but I am typically really hungry at lunch time.

Sometimes mid-morning if I remember I'll have some fresh fruits - usually berries or (lately) cherries.

On the weekends, I tend to make a bit larger and more elaborate breakfasts, but the same type of ingredients. A few eggs and some veggies, maybe some salsa, maybe a bit of cheese. Well, OK, almost always a bit of cheese - I do like cheese with my eggs. Also on the weekends I'll usually have some meat with breakfast - whether bacon or chorizo or sausage. And I usually make a nice cup of organic coffee in my little french press - with raw cream. Often I'll have this breakfast a little later on the weekends and then skip lunch while I am out and about for a little tiny IF. Or, I'll skip breakfast and come home from the farmer's market and cook up a ton of veggies for lunch.

I love the eggs from the farmer's market, the free range ones. The yolks are extremely yellow and thick. The shells are thick too. I'm always sad when I have to get eggs at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment