Monday, June 1, 2009

Zucchini and chorizo

MMMmm. Last week I sauteed up some of the homemade chorizo I made and ate it for dinner with some zucchini, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon.

Whenever I make zucchini for family gatherings it disappears. Even the non-vegetable eaters devour it. I always make it with different seasonings and it always gets raves and requests for the recipe. Well, the secret is not in the seasonings - it is in the cooking method!

Lucky readers, I share the simple secret of cooking yummy zucchini (and all other veggies) with you: slice up the zucchini however you like, I think it tastes extra great when cut in little lengthwise strips. Take a big cookie sheet and throw the sliced up zucchini, seasoned with a little salt and olive oil, under the broiler, until it gets brown spots and is tender. Then you can add whatever other seasonings you like - red pepper flakes and lemon, pesto, or just eat as is. The broiler creates a sweet caramelization that makes this humble veggie one of my all time favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment