Thursday, July 2, 2009

Random fruit question

OK- I have a random question today.

Those of you who eat fruits besides tiny berries - do you usually eat it out of hand or cut it up? I'm just curious.

I never really ate a lot of fruit growing up. I think it was because I was eating grocery store fruit which just tastes like CRAP in my opinion. Once I discovered seasonal, farmer's market fruits - well, I ate more! Once I started eating fruits more often, I realized that I preferred to eat them cut up into pieces, rather than whole and just taking a bite. Is this weird? Many of my friends do this too. Is it because biting through the skin is unpleasant? I don't know.

I'm curious - how do you eat apples, peaches, nectarines, pears, plums, avocados(just kidding)? Do you slice and dice or just take a big bite?

5 comments:

  1. Apples I sometimes eat whole, sometimes sliced up. Same with pears. Plums I eat whole. Peaches/nectarines I cut in half, twist apart, and take the pit out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends. Mostly whole. Laziness factor, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting ladies! I was thinking about this after my coworkers told me their moms always cut all fruit up and so they do too. I thought it was interesting.
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you really want to know, I eat apples, nectarines and plums just bite by bite (i.e. out of hand). Peaches I have to cut up though because I don't like biting into that fuzzy texture. I don't eat pears very often because they're kind mushy and mealy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie! Yes- I really really did want to know! :) I totally agree on the pears and the peaches. Have you tried asian pears? They are not my fav but they aren't mealy!
    Thanks for visiting me! :)

    ReplyDelete