Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fig breakfast

Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.
-Walt Whitman
(I was reading this last night)

Here's a pic of my tasty filling breakfast: figs with a splash of balsamic vinegar, and scrambled eggs with green zebra tomatoes and bacon. YUM YUM! (fyi...this is a salad size plate and after this I won't need any lunch)



Do you like fresh figs? I do! Things that have a very short season of deliciousness grab my attention. You only get them for a little while, better enjoy them!

This variety of figs is my favorite! I think they are called Kadota - they are green on the outside and pink on the inside - could they be prettier? Not super sweet, just perfect. They are only around at the farmer's market for a few short weeks, and you have to eat them within a few days of harvest. I think they are great on a salad and go very well with balsamic vinegar and bacon...

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment