Thursday, October 1, 2009

Uva di Troia

I have to say that sometimes I question why I still live in Los Angeles. The smog, the traffic...BLAH! But on days like today I think well, Los Angeles does have it's good points!

When I was in NYC I tasted a sip of a yummy wine... back at home I did a little search to see if I could locate a bottle so that I could taste it again. Turns out it is a bit of a rare import...?

I found it at this great wine store that is 2 miles from my office! That's the nice thing about the big city - you can find what you need/want! (except nature and breathable air haha)

The guy at the wine store volunteered that they eat a lot of lamb in Puglia where the wine is made. So when I got home I cooked up some juicy lamb and drank some juicy wine while I chatted on the phone with a friend catching up on the juicy gossip! A nice evening!

steamy!

 
I'm starting to think I need to take a trip to Puglia, Italy...I love the wines! Primitivo has been one of my favs for a long while now, and this Uva di Troia is pretty tasty! Anyone want to do an Italian wine/food tour with me? :) Read this little article about Puglia...cuttlefish and eggplant? YUM!

5 comments:

  1. Puglia sounds awesome, let's go! Did you hear that Good Food podcast about the mozzarella tour of Italy? That sounded good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear! LET'S GO!!! :)
    I didn't hear that podcast...I have it downloaded but I haven't listened yet. You know I am always interested in cheesy goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to italy a few years back, it was great. you should go too.

    take care
    -John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John, thanks for commenting!

    Where did you go in Italy? Any places not to be missed?

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rome was really cool check it out

    -John

    ReplyDelete