Friday, November 13, 2009

Walnut salad

Happy Friday the 13th! :)

A few weeks ago I picked up some walnut oil at the farmer's market. Have you had walnut oil before? It has a terrific nutty flavor for salad/veggie dressing and contains Omega 3s.

Here's a little seasonal salad I created to go along with my walnut oil - haha! Greens, persimmon, pomegranate seeds, toasted organic walnuts, blue cheese, and bacon. A little walnut oil and a little lemon juice and voila! Dinner served. Sooooooooooooo tasty!


Of course you can leave off the cheese, but that would be so sad. ;) A sliced hardboiled egg would be good instead of the cheese but can you believe I do not like hardboiled eggs?

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I have had walnut oil.....yum.
    Looks great!!!!

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, like a Cobb salad! I've never actually had persimmons or walnut oil though. What kind of walnut oil do you get? My Whole Foods only has refined, which is why I've never gotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! Thanks!!! :)

    Elizabeth, you've never had persimmons? Ohhhh - you have to try them since you love fall foods! There are two kinds- I like the fuyus the best, you eat them when they are firm.

    I got my walnut oil at the farmer's market from La Nogalera. They toast the nuts and then cold press them. The oil is super tasty! Maybe I'll do a little giveaway soon...hmmmm...

    Have a great weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete