Friday, December 4, 2009

Salmon and salad

Happy friday my friends!



I haven't really been too creative in the kitchen lately because I got a little cold and was feeling blah. Hey, I had it coming to me after all the staying out late and night swimming! Eek! Anyhow last night I made a simple yet delicious meal so I thought I'd share it!

Broiled a piece of salmon and topped it with herbed butter and lemon juice. Plus a salad of chopped romaine with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, raw garlic, black pepper and a bit of cheese. I used this aged gouda that one of my new friends turned me on to. It's creamier than the aged goudas I've had before. I love cheese!!! (have I mentioned that before? hehe!)

Doing anything fun this weekend? Holiday season is upon us and that means parties, right? I have a few this weekend myself. Also it seems like a have a million friends with birthdays this month...why is that?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Night swimming??? Outstanding. The only way for me to go night swimming here in NJ right now is with a full wetsuit.

    It is a favorite summer activity of mine though.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan! Ya, that sounds way too cold! I wouldn't try it! haha!

    There is something about swimming late at night that is just so fun huh?

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete