Monday, December 28, 2009

Time to be good

Hi all! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Only one more holiday to go (New Years) and then we can all get back on track with our healthy habits, right?

I've had pretty much a full week of eating random crap and I need to get back on the wagon! I'd say about 75% of the time I ate healthy, but that 25% is finally catching up to me. Saturday afternoon I started to seriously feel like ka ka.

Here are two healthy things I cooked this weekend: chicken breasts and a shrimp salad.


The chicken breasts are a recipe I have been making for a long time now. It's kind of a variation on chicken piccata. I pound the chicken until it is an even thickness then brown in a pan. When it is done I remove the meat and add olive oil, chopped garlic and fresh rosemary or thyme to the pan. Turn off the heat, add some lemon juice to deglaze and a big blob of butter. This makes a nice pan sauce. Sometimes I add capers, but I prefer it without. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve. YUM!


The shrimp salad is simple, just saute the shrimp quickly in a pan in olive oil, lemon zest, thyme and garlic. The dressing for the salad is raw garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

For these two recipes I used some meyer lemons. Have you had these before? They are soooo yummy! A little sweeter than regular lemons, with a lovely floral fragrance.

Anyone else back at work? I feel like everyone else is on a two week vacation. It works for me because traffic is so light - woo hoo!!!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment