Monday, March 15, 2010

Indian spices

Happy Monday all!

Here's a meal I made with some Indian flair! I roasted some of that delicious fractal cauliflower under the broiler, after sprinkling it with garam masala, cumin and turmeric. Meanwhile in a saute pan, I cooked onions and serranos in coconut oil and the same spices, along with amchur powder and a spice mix called Panch Puran. Once the onions were translucent, I added some ground pork meatballs that I had flavored with chopped garlic and cumin.

Once everything was done, I served it up with some yogurt mixed with cucumber, lemon juice and a dash of cumin, and a little spicy mango chutney. Cilantro and a squeeze of lemon over the top, of course. Wow! The serranos were hot, making this meal tasty but spicy! I was glad I had the yogurt, and ended up serving myself more to tame the heat.

I often cook like this, adding a dash of spices and seasonings on a whim rather than measuring and planning. What about you? Do you follow a recipe? Do you measure your spices? Or are you 'free-wheelin' like me? haha!

It sure was a nice weekend! I must say I am not ready for the week to begin. However, St Patty's Day is this week and I do love the color green! :) In fact, I once dyed my hair green. Yup.

I hope you all have a lovely week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi YG! Even though we are twins, we have opposite cooking styles. I'm a follow-the-recipe kinda gal, maybe because I don't really know how to cook that well. I like your style, though. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie! I think everyone just has different styles, apparently I cannot follow the rules.
    Love ya, twinsie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete