Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scallops

Don't you love it when you try a new place and have the best meal ever?

I needed a little happy hour beverage after work so we went to the bar of a local French brasserie. Since I hadn't eaten all day thought I'd have a snack as well. They had scallops with butternut squash as an appetizer on the menu, and it sounded tasty.
My friends, it was more than just tasty, it was divine. I couldn't really tell you too much about the ingredients or flavors because I inhaled it. Delicious! The butternut squash was finely julienned and cooked plainly and al dente (now that is a mix of languages!). The scallops were tender and perfectly cooked with a buttery salty sauce. A perfect light meal.

Paired well with a nice glass of champagne, although on second thought, everything goes with champagne in my opinion! hehe!

Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could have shared that meal with you. But, then we would have had to get dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love scallops. Just very difficult for me to shell out the cost for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie! Hi Andy!
    Yes, I love scallops too. Especially when they are fresh and cooked perfectly. I buy frozen ones at Trader Joes or Whole Foods, they aren't that great but they'll do in a pinch. I like that they cook quickly and are 'bite sized'!

    Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, We've got connections for scallops at great prices direct from the fisherman. Our freezer is always stocked.

    What a wonderful idea to go out for a glass of champagne and appetizer after work. I love it!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete