Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sleep

I've been reading a bit about how much sleep we adults need. Most sources say about 7-9 hours per night.

I've also heard that it is good to go to sleep early - a few hours after sunset, like 9 pm. Whoa, that is pretty early to me. Although I do get tired pretty early if I am camping and there are no lights around.

Anyway, I have been trying to go to bed before 10 pm but I'm having a hard time staying asleep. I wake up at about 1-2 am and I am wide awake. I don't seem to have that problem if I go to sleep a little later, like at 11.

What do you guys think? What time do you usually go to bed and wake up? How many hours of sleep do you get?

4 comments:

  1. I thought you might be interested in this article about traditional sleeping habits:
    http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arc99/9_25_99/bob2.htm

    It seems like your mid night waking has actually been the human norm until just recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the article Elizabeth! Extremely interesting. I loved it!!
    I had heard about the middle of the night waking being normal, but it still freaked me out. This article makes me feel better! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here...
    If I go to bed around 9 (seldom) I'll wake up around 3.
    10pm bed time takes me to 6 which is perfect.

    Camping is a different story...depends on the amount of wine ;-)

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Marc! I hear you on the wine! What's camping without some delicious libations and dancing around the fire? ;) hehe
    Ooh, now I want to go camping!

    ReplyDelete